Victim Location 32817
Type of a scam Fake Check/Money Order
I look for work on UpWork as a freelance writer pretty regularly. I should have known that something was off about this job posting when I was immediately contacted by the SVP of HR. Unfortunately, the person used a real name that I discovered on LinkedIn. I was asked to do a Google hangout online interview by Jay Klosterboer. He explained that he was Dover Corporation which is true according to his profile.
After a series of questions, the person told me they would go to the head of HR (I thought this was the Senior VP) to finalize the hire. Then it got really fishy.
As soon as I asked him how long he has been working with Dover Corporation, he became extremely defensive and told me it was a turnoff to ask him something like that. Like many scams, he told me that I would receive a check, use the money from my deposit to buy materials from their vendor. And I confronted him right away.
Here is the conversation:
This is strictly an online and work from home job, the working hours are flexible and you can chose to work from anywhere of your choice.
The pay for Admin Virtual Assistant position, Data Entry and Writer(Content, Blog, Article, Product wiring and Tech Writing) is is $27 per hour and $10 per hour for any over time done. You will receive payment either weekly or bi weekly via direct deposit or paycheck. You will be working 40 to 45 hours weekly,if you are employed you are going to be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor. Alright?
Our goal is to always have the capacity, competence and flexibility to meet our clients’ needs, whatever they may be as its a full-time/Part time position. The company is now going into a work from home job to create employment opportunity for the less privilege, disables and mainly to decrease the rate of unemployment in the economy that is why we are looking for 16 new hires to work from home. Okay?
Here’s some of the responsibilities and activities this person will oversee:
1. Manage the cadence for CVP internal communications, protecting confidentiality while promoting transparency
2. Articulate the team’s vision — where they’re going and why, and the focus in upcoming releases
3. Help the team grow culturally. What fun events bring us together and support our values as a team?
4. Help the legal team (LT) listen. Conduct surveys or open other channels with the team that inform how we do things
5. Help the team grow vocationally, partnering with HR to execute curriculum that helps designers, writers, and researchers grow in their disciplines
1. Manage the year-long calendar for CVP and LT for external events, pushing industry reach and amplifying the team’s priorities
2. Work with CVP, LT, corporate PR, and external partners to prepare for public events across the design and tech industry
3. Work closely with PR for paid media and corporate events where executives appear
We’re looking for someone who:
· Moves between cultures swiftly and gracefully. You’ll work with external industry leaders in design, content, and research; Microsoft technical leadership; and a variety of product teams, sometimes all in one day.
· Can identify an audience and learn to speak its language, or figure out how. Listening, hearing feedback, and incorporating that into strategy is a big part of this role.
· Can pivot quickly when needed. The pace here is fast. You don’t have to know all of the answers, but we want you to be curious and fearlessness when it comes to jumping into new things.
· Has some familiarity with design thinking and methods. Designers work in iterative ways, so you’ll need to draft often, work with people well, and experiment to learn.
· Can be a ghost writer for the CVP and other leaders on the team. Our CVP loves to communicate in a lively, open fashion. You’ll need to deeply understand and help amplify his specific way of writing and speaking.
Can you handle this duties effectively and if trained towards it?
You will have 10 MINUTES for this sections.
( 1 ) What type of jobs have you had?
( 2 ) How did you get your previous jobs?
( 3 ) What were your main responsibilities? Achievements?
( 4 ) have you been in the military before?
( 5 ) Are you currently employed?
( 6 ) Are you willing to work flexible or long hours?
( 7 ) Do you have a HP laserjet printer, copier and scanner?
( 8 ) Are you seeking employment in a company of a certain size?
( 9 )How long do you intend working for this company ?
( 10 ) Tell Us why you feel you are the right person for this Job ?
PAYROLL & WORKING SCHEDULE:
1. How many hours are you willing to Work per day? (4hr Minimum per day or 40hrs Maximum per week)
2. What time range?
3. When would you be available to start if HIRED?
4 Payroll Interval? (Weekly or Bi-weekly)
5. Payroll Method (Direct deposit / Wire Transfer or Credit card transfer?)
6.What is the name of the Bank which you currently operate with so as to see if it tallies financially with the company’s official salary payment account ?
ou have done fairly well so far, I need you to hold on online for 5-10 minutes because i need to forward our conversation to the Head Dept to enable them see if you are committed and ready for this job and make a decision Okay?. Please stay close.
Do not worry, as due to your level of experience and communication skills the company has decided to give you a chance for you to work for the company and will like to see your loyalty, diligence, Charisma, Commitment to the job. Congratulation….
You are welcome. You will earn $27 per hour and $10 per hour for any over time done. You will receive payment either weekly or bi weekly via direct deposit or paycheck and you will be working 30 to 05 hours weekly. Is that Alright?
Now i need you to provide me with the following information correctly:
Your Full name:
Address: (PO Box not valid)
This is to enable Us enlist them into the Company’s Register for proper documentation
You will need some mini office equipments and materia software and also a time tracker to commence your training and orientation and begin work and also you need the software to get started with work…the work of the time tracker is to calculate your hours devoted since this is an online work from home…
The funds for the software will be provided for you by the company which will cover the software as well the equipment for your mini office understood?
You will get started with work as soon as the working materials get to you, The company will provide you a free m with a fast internet connection, you need to start working with,you are to purchase all your materials from a certified vendor we have been patronizing for years now.
You will receive a paycheck for the purchase of the working materials,the company’s accounting dept will issue the check and have it sent to your Email i believe you have your bank mobile App on your phone ?
Once you receive the check you are needed to have it deposited to your bank account through via Mobile app,Then the funds will be will be credited and available in your account for cash out the next day morning.Okay?
Upon receiving the funds i will refer you to the vendor you will be purchasing the materials from, do you understand me ?
This is when I began to ask him about his opinion of the culture of Dover Corporation and he became offended I asked that question.
Unfortunately for the real Jay Kloosterboer, someone is using his name for their own personal gain.